Pocket Films Festival Submission Agreement
Organizers: Pocket Films Festival Organizing Committee
- Films shall have been produced using a mobile phone’s video capture function.
- The DVD-VIDEO of a film shall contain the aspect ratio specified in the screening format and resolution data (mobile display films only). Submissions should consist of the film on DVD-VIDEO, a completed application form, and at least three still images copied to a CD-R, and be posted to Film Festival Submissions at the address below. Submissions of films in a language other than Japanese should additionally include a CD-R containing a .doc or .txt file of the film’s dialogue in Japanese or English.
Pocket Films Festival Submissions
Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music, Bashamichi Campus
4-44 Honcho, Naka-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan 231-0005
- Applicants should provide the appropriate data for screening and distribution (internet, mobile phone etc) of films. Applicants shall take immediate action if they have been notified by the organizers of a defect in the data provided.
- Costs relating to the forwarding of films to the Film Festival Secretariat shall be the responsibility of the applicant.
- The Film Festival Secretariat shall not return any submitted films to applicants.
- The organizers shall assume no responsibility for unforeseen incidents such as the loss or damage of submitted films until they are received by the Film Festival Secretariat.
2. Screening and distribution (internet, mobile terminals etc)
- Applicants shall consent to films being screened and distributed (internet, mobile terminals etc) at no charge.
- Screening and distribution of films shall be conducted by means of screening of the films during the period of the film festival, streaming of the films on the film festival website, and content services etc provided by the Softbank Corporation, a corporate member of the film festival Organizing Committee, and the companies in the Softbank Group.
- The screening and distribution period shall be indefinite after submissions have been received. The Film Festival Secretariat shall, after giving notice in advance to applicants, screen and distribute films on a non-exclusive basis.
- Films that have passed through the first round of judging shall be screened in either program during the film festival and become finalists. As a result, they shall be shown on the film festival website.
- Applicants shall, for the purpose of screening and distribution of films, consent to submitted films being reproduced and sub-titled based on provided dialogue, by the Film Festival Secretariat.
- Submission of a film where a copyright relating to an applicant’s film belongs to a person other than the applicant is not allowed.
- An applicant shall guarantee that his or her film does not infringe the rights, including any copyrights or neighboring rights, of any third party. Where a dispute has arisen for the reason that an applicant’s film infringes the rights of a third party etc, the applicant shall assume responsibility for resolving the dispute without inconvenience to the organizers and other related persons.
- Use of music in films shall be limited to use of original music, use of music where consent for use thereof has been obtained or use of music that is not subject to copyright protection. Applicants should state in detail in the application form the music to be used in their films. After obtaining consent to use music that is subject to copyright protection (including consent for screening and distribution etc based on this agreement), applicants should, when submitting their films, present a certificate of consent to the use of music that is subject to copyright protection containing the signature of the holder of the right to the music in question. Use of music where the management of the copyright thereof has been consigned to the JASRAC (Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers) or other copyright management enterprises is not allowed.
- Where a right to likeness or a copyright has arisen in respect of the subject of a film or any person appearing in a film, obtaining the consent of the original author, the subject of a film or persons appearing in a film (including consent for the screening and distribution etc based on this agreement) shall be the responsibility of the applicant, and when making their submissions, applicants shall submit a certificate of consent containing the signatures of the subject of the film, persons appearing in the film or other original authors.
- Where information in the application document and written agreements etc submitted by an applicant is found to be missing or deliberately misleading, or where a problem has occurred including breaches of these provisions, entry into the film festival shall be cancelled.
- An applicant shall agree to the gratis use in the media of his or her film and still images etc thereof for the publicity activity of the film festival.
- An applicant shall consent and agree to parts of his or her film being used and edited in the production of previews and digests of the film festival.
5. Reproduction and storage of applicants’ films
Applicants shall agree to films being reproduced for events relating to the film festival after this film festival has concluded, partnership relationships of the Film Festival Secretariat and other screening and distribution purposes including other related film festivals, and to films being stored in the archive of this film festival.
６. Management of applicants’ films by Forum des images
Applicants shall consent and agree to the content mentioned in article 2, article 4 and article 5 being used in the French Republic by Forum des images, a member organization of the Film Festival Organizing Committee.
7. Secondary use of applicants’ films
Applicants shall agree to the Film Festival Secretariat having a preferential negotiation right in respect of secondary use of applicants’ films (conversion to videogram, TV and CS broadcast, etc).
8. Management of personal information
Use of the personal information of applicants that has been obtained by the making of submissions to this film festival shall be limited to activity relating to the screening of films in the film festival, including the submission of films based on this agreement and the publicity mentioned in article 4, and that information shall be managed and protected appropriately. Personal information shall not be provided or disclosed to any third party without the consent of the applicant.
9. Changes to the content of the film festival etc
Applicants shall consent in advance to changes and suspensions of the content of the film festival and changes to the submission agreement based on the film festival’s operation, and no compensation shall be paid to applicants in such cases.
10. Effect of agreement
Applicants who submit films to this film festival shall agree to recognize and observe the provisions of this agreement.
11. Competent court
The Tokyo District Court shall be the agreed exclusive competent court of first instance for disputes relating to this agreement.
12. Governing law
Japanese law shall be the governing law in respect of this agreement and disputes relating thereto.